Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Back to the Beach!


Melda and I met in Laguna Beach at 6:00 am, last week, when the moon was full, and still visible, and there was a minus low tide. Laguna Beach has finally opened up... from 6am to 10am for fresh air and exercise! We'll take it! It was heavenly to be back at the beach... breathing the salt air, listening to the waves, sinking our toes into the sand, getting splashed by the water... and, of course, looking for sea glass! We are our mother's daughters!

I have a book called: A Beachcomber's Odyssey: Treasures from a Collected Past. The author, S. Deacon Ritterbush wrote this in the introduction:
Like sandcastles that face a coming high tide, my bucketful {pocketful, in our case} of treasures reminds me that life is brief and that everything is temporary and on loan. Each day is best begun by counting blessings and remembering that, while this time is mine, I should embrace and hold it dear no matter what challenges lay ahead. 
The two early mornings spent at Fisherman's Cove in Laguna Beach last week, gifted us with 2 rare PINK pieces of sea glass! We have never found this color before! I wonder if this was due to the fact that no one had been there for all these weeks! Such an awesome blessing!

I made them into earrings!

With a heart full of gratitude!
LYM,
Reenie

3 comments:

  1. Your writings make me just feel grateful to be alive and treasure every day even if I’m not crazy about our quarantine situation! Thanks Reenie for the inspirations. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ
    P.S. Beautiful earrings! πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the next minus tide?? We need to go and experience again, God’s beauty and blessings for us all!! And maybe find more rare colors!πŸ€žπŸ™❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envious! Happy for you and Melda.

    ReplyDelete