Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Monday, May 18, 2020

ALL WILL BE WELL

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/154037249729893730/
First of all, Tim hacked into our blog last Friday night! I did not see his post until Sunday morning!

Sean and I have a neighbor, Kim Beaney, that is a social butterfly! Plus, she loves to sing, and is active in Saddleback Church's Music Ministry. She has a band and performs at venues in Orange County, but she has not been able to have visitors come to her home right now, nor perform in public. So "Miss Kimmy" organized a boat parade on Friday evenings, here in Lake Forest,  at 6:00 pm and afterwards...  "music at the Beaney's dock" from 7 - 8 pm.

Kim has been doing this for about a month, and people love it!  They all gather on their boats, or patios, or the greenbelts to "socialize safely" and sing along. Reminiscent of the people in Italy singing on their balconies! People need to be singing!

She asked Sean and me to sing with her.... doing our own playlist. She has all the sound system set up, {our own mic away from her} and a "point home" {meaning there is plenty of space on the water around her patio, for boats to hover 'round}. Sean and I practiced all week! Poor Tim had to listen to us practice! We are definitely "old school"! But then, so are all our neighbors!
I found out that some of my old guitar books that have been in boxes in the garage... (Joni Mitchell, Carole King, John Denver etc.) could actually be worth some money... Sean was curious, and did a bit of research...some could be worth a few hundred dollars! Man, does that ever make us feel old!

My Bible group finished the book, A Guide to Surrender {but truthfully are we ever done with surrender? ... I guess you can never shout out...NAILED IT! on that one} But we selected another book called All Will Be Well. It contains the writings of St. Julian of Norwich. I honestly had never heard of her before, but synchronicity at work... her name popped up twice last week in 2 unrelated ways:
I found out by going to Mass online, that she shares the same feast day as Our Lady of Fatima (May 13).  Then on Saturday, I received an email from Phil Volker (from Phil's Camino) and his post on  his blog, caminoheads.com, contained this quote from St. Julian of Norwich:
The love of God creates in us such a oneing that when it is truly seen, no person can separate themselves from another person

That sums up how I feel about all of you!

Sending "oneing" loves,
Reenie

6 comments:

  1. I’m sending oneing love back to you and everyone else!
    Melda XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be on that dock! Looks so fun and sounds beautiful. Thanks for sharing your gifts with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this sweet comment! Can't wait till you can come up to visit!

      Delete
  3. You sound great! I can almost hear the standing ovation, followed by the splashing as they all fell off their boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People only fall off of their boats on July 4th!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it was beautiful Reenie and Sean, thanks to Tim! Great uplifting thing to do during this time...
    I’m gonna have to sneak down to one of the Greenbelt areas and listen to this beautiful music! Thanks for bringing people together in ‘oning’ love! ❤️💙

    ReplyDelete