Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

June 24th


My first Little League team was Police & Fire. They had cool white uniforms with red caps. I was fortunate to learn from two wonderful coaches, outstanding role-models for a little 8-year-old. My future brother-in-law was also an assistant coach. Little did I know that I'd one day be writing about his own son turning fifty.

Yes, Jason Taub turns 50 tomorrow. God-mother Reenie was so blown away by it that she had to take some R&R with Sean at Santa Catalina to recoup.

We enlisted the help of Jase's mother Chris (amazingly not getting any older):

Wishing Jason Taub a very happy 50th birthday! He’s a great:
 
Son to John & Chris,

Husband to Dayna,

Father to Camryn, Hailey and Kyndra,
"You raised an amazing, honorable son. He is so very loved by all of us!!"

Grandfather -- Papa JT -- to Madi Rose and Jaxson (Kyndra’s children).

Please continue to pray for Kyndra, who seems to be successfully transitioning to right-handedness. What a trooper! Love and prayers to her whole family.

Blue Lives Matter too, and Jason, a lieutenant in the El Cajon police department, is one of the best. Here is a prayer I found while looking for something MurphyFamilyLYM-blog-appropriate to say:
Lord, I ask for courage,
Courage to face and conquer my own fears,
Courage to take me where others will not go.

I ask for strength,
Strength of body to protect others,
Strength of spirit to lead others.

I ask for dedication,
Dedication to my job to do it well,
Dedication to my community to keep it safe.

Give me Lord, concern,
For all those who trust me,
And compassion for those who need me.
And please, Lord, through it all,
be at my side.

Amen
Amen

Taub Christmas 2017

LYM,
Dan
(c) LA Times
26 Miles by the Four Preps -- click to go to YouTube, turn up volume.


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jason! Sending you lots of love today & always! ❤️
    Sean, Reenie, Brian & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jason and many more happy ones! Love and protection to you and your family! Thank you for your service!!!!! Very proud of you my nephew!
    Thank you Dan for pitching in!
    And God bless all police men and women!
    πŸ’™❤️πŸ’™❤️πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Jason!! I hope you are blessed with a great day today and many more birthdays. We are proud of you and your service and your wonderful family. Kyndra looks amazing and we are still sending our prayers up!!!
    Thanks for the great blog, Dan. Reenie needed a break!!! You two are the best!!!
    Love you all!!❤️πŸ™πŸ’™❤️πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! nice prayer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Jason! Lots of love Marcia

    ReplyDelete