Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Saturday, June 6, 2020

"God has been gracious"

Perfect Name!
Birthday Shout-Out: June 6 🎂
Today is Jan's birthday! (Dan's wife)

Janice Kay Radich Murphy is one of the most amazing women I know! And we are so blessed that she is our sister-in-law!  I was trying to think of a way to describe her many qualities: beautiful, intelligent, gracious, hospitable, kind, gentle, fiercely loyal, hard-working... the list could go on and on! Then I found this image, and think that her parents were spot-on, in choosing Jan's name at birth!

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Jan! And look forward to gathering all the clan to celebrate all this year's family happiness...we love you! 

This is Dan's tribute:

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

Mother
Daughter
Grandmother
Janimal
Professional
Wife
That's my girl! Love ya, Babe.

Blessed Indeed!
LYM!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tribute by the two of you. Dan, I love all the pictures you posted of her great life. Happy birthday, gracious Jan!!🎁🎉🎈
    LYM, Melda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan Murphy, we are so lucky to have you in our family, you bring us such joy and fun and elevate this crazy group! You are a beautiful, merry, happy, worker-bee, daughter, wife, mother, grandmother… And our sister-in-law and I love you more! ❤️😘🎉👏🍰🎁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reenie, my goodness, is this an eulogy, am I in heaven this weekend?! Wow, YOU are the generous one!! THANK YOU!!! So if that’s how my MurphyFam sees ne, then it’s all because you have excellent working mirrors! It has been my privilege to have become an honorary Irish/German Murphy and to gain each and every one of you ❤️five sisters and ❤️five bros!! Not to mention the wonderful LYM ❤️clan of nieces, nephews, cousins, and of course dear MomuMarie! And of course my wonderman and very patient hubby 😘 who is slaving away right now preparing some yummy foodstuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is completely incomprehensible. Pretty words though. Maybe my sisters can give me an interpretation.

      Delete
  5. Eulogy. Ha! Good one. LYM.
    Hubby
    PS: Thank you Maureen. Who's next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think of Auntie Jan (I've never called her this, but I just might now), I think of a woman full of strength, grace, and intelligence. At the risk of being crass, I think of a kick ass woman who gets shit done.
    Yes, I removed my comment because it was not grammatically correct. I, also, want to alert friends and family (not my immediate family. They know I have a penchant for swearing) to the curse words used in this reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katalina, our housekeeper for 30 years, is from Fiji. She says if you are an elder woman on her island, everyone calls you Auntie.

      Delete
  8. Oh Michelle,
    I love you! When we were in Hawaii, we heard people use the word, "Auntie" a lot! I was shopping in a small gift shop, in a tiny town, and the owner and I had some time to chat. {How unusual!} She was an older native Hawaiian, and explained that "auntie" is not just used as a name for an aunt in family terms... but as a wonderful term of endearment for a beloved, wise woman that inspires you! Your comment is just perfect! I always LOVE your reflections! ONWARD! LYM!

    ReplyDelete