Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Shared Momu/Granny Images

 

                                                   https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Slice-Wedges-Candy-1LB/dp/B0086CPU8G

Cindy shared this image:

"So many memories and I remember mamU and grandpa Jim had those orange slice candies🧡"


                          https://www.californiabeaches.com/beach/tourmaline-surfing-park-beach/
Marcia wrote:
"Happy birthday Granny! I'm lucky because I live in a place where I think of her every day. I still drive by her house, and walk on her beach. I love you Granny! Marcia"


Kelly shared this sweet picture:

"I thought I was going to be able to comment this image in the blog but I couldn’t figure it out. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Mom and my beloved Granny!

My laptop is about 2 weeks old and I have nothing saved on it. Somehow my iCloud pulled up this image of Granny holding Jack. I can’t stop looking at it! It’s hard to believe she would’ve been 104 - I can still smell her patchouli scent and see her cute smile :). 

Sending hugs! xx

Love,
Kelly"

                              https://www.amazon.com/Rummikub-Original-Rummy-Tile-Game/dp/B00000IZJB

Luke shared this memory:

"I remember seeing her at the Cloisters and playing rummy cube with her."

Such sweet shared memories! It is not too late to send in a memory or an image!

LYM 
Reenie and Dan

PS: Any birthdays and/ or anniversaries or milestones for September?  Let us know!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Reenie and Dan for posting such wonderful blogs about Mom. I couldn’t post a picture here of Mom ( the one I put on Facebook). Thanks for all you do for our family. Thanks, Little Michelle, Marcia and Kelly for your additions. Love you all, Melda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops!!! Thanks to Luke, also!!🤭
    LYM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamu was our familly’s pillar of strength and warmth, happiness and love! She always had a shoulder and an ear when we needed it! such a beautiful role model! I miss her every day and I miss our many travels! she was my side-kick! LYM ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    PS: reenie and Dan, thank you so much for these wonderful blogs and all the work you do! you guys are the best!!!!! ❤️💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fondest memory I would say were the couple (at least) of times Marie came to help when the twins were born. she stayed 2 weeks at least twice! I remember how calm she was and how much she loved just holding the babies. She was in her heaven! I remember thinking that I couldn't believe I knew someone who actually had always wanted twins, go figure! ;) We had the best time just sitting and chatting away (the twins were great nappers!) about whatever over whatever beverage! That was such a respite from my panicked and exhausted days! <3 jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Mom loved rocking babies! Such sweet memories! She was the cavalry... helping us out so many times when our boys were sick & Sean was out of town with his work & I had no more sick days left at my work! We were blessed! ❤️

      Delete
  5. Mom made it a point of not butting in in the raising of her children's children. She just showed up and pitched in where needed. Unless asked ... :-)

    ReplyDelete