Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Calling All Prayer Warriors!

 


Good Morning Family,

Brian needs prayers!
As you all know, Brian has struggled throughout his life with many challenges. He has had one of the toughest lives of anyone I know! But I have always admired Brian's resiliency in his struggles... he has such a kind and sensitive heart, and does not ask for much out of life.  

If you follow him on Facebook or Instagram, you may have seen his posts yesterday and today. He was arrested for a DUI and his posts are definitely a cry for help. 

As his parents, we have been on this faith journey of surrender for a very long time, and believe that Brian is God's child first. We are praying that he will come to his sobriety and trust in His higher power (like so many family members have), and that will come to guide him on his path to wellness. 

I am not always sure of how to pray...except to know deeply that somehow God's got this! His will...not  mine. 
I am going to end with one of my favorite scripture passages:
Romans: 8: 24-28
We are saved by trusting. And trusting means looking forward to getting something we don't have yet have -- for a man who already has something doesn't need to hope and trust that he will get it. But if we must keep trusting God for something that hasn't happened yet, it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently.
And in the same way-- by our faith-- the Holy Spirit helps us with our daily problems and in our praying. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how to pray as we should, but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows, of course, what the Spirit is saying as he pleads for us in  harmony with God's own will. And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into His plans. 

LYM
Reenie

15 comments:

  1. I am praying for Brian and the whole family! LYM Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Brian to find a way to beat this and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marcia and David! It means so much to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for Brian and the family. May God’s spirit be in all of you!!
    LYM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melda, Tom, Jennifer, Michael & Matthew,
      Your love & support mean the world to us!

      Delete
  5. I am praying constantly for the Renden family, especially Brian! He has one choice and one choice only and that is sobriety! this is the disease of the devil this devil is a jealous πŸ‘Ώ and sits on our shoulders waiting for our weakness! Brian you can do this!!!!!
    πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan and I are praying God's message sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear REenie, I am humbled my your vulnerability and courage. So often these traumas are swept under the rug, to no one's benefit. This is particularly true for the one who is in the throes of a struggle. This is NOT your fault. If there is someone or something to blame, it is in our genes, our history, and our legacy. You are not alone. Much love and peace, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle,
    I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words! Thanks for all the work you do to help others heal! You’re so right... there should be no stigma attached... and I think it was on your blog that I read: “light can only enter through the cracks” . Praying Brian is able to feel the light of all the family support & can get to that point of sobriety & surrender! LYM ❤️πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been contemplating what to write, how to write it, add Bible verses, etc. It’s such a quandary that it has taken me a few days to write a response. I love your family/our whole family so much and the struggles we have all gone thru will hopefully continue to make us stronger - many of us HAVE gotten stronger, brighter, closer to God or whomever we chose to turn to... Our family has Brian in our prayers and also you 3 - we LYM πŸ¦‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cher! I love you all with all my heart! ❤️πŸ™πŸ¦‹

      Delete
  10. I just want to let the Renden family know that I’m thinking and praying for each and EVERY one of you!

    ReplyDelete