Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Dog Days and Memories

 

Cody, 1993-2011

Some family dogs passed away last weekend. And while others struggle, new ones arrive to enrich our lives. Please share the names of those you'd like us all to remember, because stories and memories are prayers too.

All day long I watch the birds on our rock. They drink and bathe and feed and dance. Some fly into our window and get stunned, some for a long time. Why do some birds do that while others do not? I tend to objectify birds, so it comes as a shock to watch how God makes each bird to be separate, different, unique. It makes my separateness feel more one, less separate, more alive.

The Dog Days of Summer are here, Fall right around the corner. I first saw Fall this year in a photo of a Northwest Leaf by Penny, my great-great-niece. Penny's post encourages me -- Life goes on, with new Opportunities, new Lives, new Dogs, right around the corner. Who will they be? What will they do? Are you curious? I'm learning patience while Love unfolds.

Be well, Family!

Dan

15 comments:

  1. Loved the blog!
    I'm still struggling with Willie and his pain paralysis and not wanting to eat.
    I pray he gets better soon��
    Yes quite a whirlwind with dogs and Chris's dog recently had to have a I removed. Sheesh
    Love you!
    Are you going to go visit your sisters soon?
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An eye?!? Ewww. Like my neighbor across the street.

      Visit sisters ... We'll see.

      LYM

      Delete
  2. Great post dad! Miss that dog :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ That was Stephen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, Dan!! You wrote “new dogs...right around the corner”. Are you getting a new dog? Just wondering!! Love and miss you!
    Love you all!!
    Melda😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melda. There always seems to be a new dog around the corner -- friends, family, but not us while we still have wanderlust. Missbyou too!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

    3. But if you happen to find a new old dog needing attention… Or an old soul new dog…πŸ˜‰

      Delete
    4. What I meant to say, Melda is if you find a new old or old new dog, in need of some attention and care, be sure to let us know!

      Delete
  5. Yes, , lately lots of sad times with long time Family pets! πŸ• 😒
    Thanks Dan for the uplifting nature comments and blog!
    Everyone, even in these crazy Covid days, enjoy and stay well, looking forward to fall...
    Love you all!!! More!!!!
    Michelle ❤️πŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best post! Thank you Dan. I like the visual of looking at birds. Now i want to go be mindful and watch them play. Love,Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. He was a wonderful member of our family.

    ReplyDelete