Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Hills Are Alive

(click link under Maria von Trapp to watch her teach Julie Andrews to yodel)

Prayers please for my big brother Marty

They have rescheduled his surgery while waiting for his heart rate to go down while he's been waiting for them to reschedule his surgery. Meanwhile, he is entertaining old friends in the cardiac area with songs like I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen.

Birthday Shout Out to Maureen a.k.a. Reenie Renden

We have much to be thankful for in these tumultuous times, and Reenie is high on my list. Here are some random memories.

Walt's funeral: Reenie is so family

Crooning with the Seaner

"Last school Halloween as Fraulein Maria & my teammates as the Von Trapps."

Growing up on Porter Hill Rd.

Currently keeping Reenie (in)sane

A shining college student living with her mom at the beach

Teacher of All Time

I join the thousands of your children in thanking you, Reenie, for all you have taught us over the years (like ♭♮♭ The sun'll come up tomorrow ♭♮♭). We're blessed to be part of your spiritual, story-filled Camino!

Love,
Dan

PS: Luke volunteered at a NYC poll station yesterday. He wrote down some thoughts about his experience on Facebook, like "Everyone wore a mask; nearly everyone wore it correctly."... A warming story about a Holocaust survivor who chatted him up. ... And, as always, some history. See at this link: NYC poll site


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to my Reynolds Wrap! A name given to her when my three kids were very very little! 🤣 I hope you have a wonderful day and a great lunch in San Clemente! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    good luck to Marty today!!!!! 💙💙💙💙💙
    and huge congratulations to Luke, I commented on his site! what a beautiful American citizen! and excellent stories! proud of you nephew!!! 💙
    Love to everyone and hang in there through this current challenge!
    thanks Danny boy for your post!
    LYM biggest sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to my baby sister!!!! I hope your day was as special as you are!!
    Thanks for posting this, Dan. Prayers constantly for Marty and proud feelings for your son, Luke. I’m sure you are very proud. What a long day!!!
    God bless America and God bless us all!!
    Ly’allM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to the sweetest one in the family! I can't believe her birthday slipped right by me.
    I shared Luke's post on FB. I got a lot of very nice, complimentary comments about a special young man.
    What a special family!

    ReplyDelete