Mission Statement

All I really really want my love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too.
- All I Want by Joni Mitchell

Monday, January 31, 2022

Patrick Murphy turns back Moscow

We can't promise that we will post as diligently as we did in 2020, but Dan put this up today. Thanks Luke and Dan! Feisty Irishmen!

It reminded me of a great movie recommendation: Fisherman's Friends. It is great fun... all about fishermen who lived in Cornwall England and sang "Sea Shanties" and were discovered and became famous! (60's - 70's) My friend, Sandy is from Cornwall, and her niece was married on the beach in Port Isaac (where this was filmed) a few years back,  and had the Fisherman sing Sea Shanties on the beach at her wedding! True story!

Calling all February birthdays: 🎂Please email me the family birthdays in February, so that we can post them... will try to do this each month going forward! I will post them tomorrow! maureenrenden@gmail.com. LYM Reenie



Patrick Murphy

Thank you Luke for the news about the Irish in County Cork prevailing on Putin to relocate his naval exercises away from their fishing community on the Beara Peninsula, home of our Murphy clan. Click CNN link. Here's the url to paste into a browser if that link doesn't work:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/europe/ireland-fishermen-russia-navy-intl/index.html

Here's a link to an earlier story -- copy and paste into a browser too:
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/russian-drills-off-irish-coast-not-welcome-says-simon-coveney-1.4784438

No comments:

Post a Comment